BDB Forum

Cycling Manager Forum

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which languages should be made fully playable in the BDB08-Complete?
English
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
FranÁais
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Nederlands
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Italiano
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
EspaŮol
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Dansk
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
PortuguÍs
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:53 pm

I just played a Tour de France for test reasons (with CSC; Fršnk Schleck lost his lead in the final TT Mad , but he lost to Moreau Very Happy ).
In the overview of all stages, indeed the 2nd stage is labeled as a mountain stage. However, it isn't the 2nd stage, but the 9th, as it also says in the overview.
The stages are also played that way. Don't be bothered by what the overview pages say in solo mode; it wasn't possible for me to change this, so there is a lot of nonsense buried there. It doesn't affect the game, though.
Those weird things in the overview are caused by my lazyness... Wink
If a stage was already included in a Tour, but on the wrong place, it was much easier to change the number of the stage than to switch all informations, including the sprints.

The ages are correct for me, both in solo mode and in a career: Boonen is 27, Moreau is 37, Valverde is 28, Andy Schleck is 22, and so on. Contador is 25 Wink.
Did you do as you're asked to do in the Readme?
And if you start a career, what date shows up in the beginning? If it's 2004, that's the problem. I don't know how that should happen, though, as I imported the correct starting year (2008).

And: Happy New Year!

Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:35 pm

Ich habe gerade herausgefunden, dass die Meistertrikots von Russland, Norwegen und der Schweiz doch nicht transparent waren. Auch war Nicki SÝrensen als dšnischer Meister eingestellt (noch aus einer Zeit, als Alex Rasmussen nicht in der DB war). Beide Fehler sind berichtigt, und die hochgeladenen Dateien sind aktualisiert.
Die BDB08-Complete_Beta_0.04 und das Shirtspack Champions v3.0 sind immer noch die aktuellsten.
Ich empfehle beide Dateien erneut herunterzuladen und zu installieren.

I just found out that the champions' shirts for Russia, Switzerland and Norway weren't transparent, after all. Also, Nicki SÝrensen was set as Danish champion (back from a time when Alex Rasmussen was not in the DB). Both errors are corrected, and the uploads are updated.
Still, the BDB08-Complete_Beta_0.04 and the Shirtspack Champions v3.0 are the most current.
I would recommend to download and install them once more.

Romanovitch
Known
Known

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2006-09-12

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Okay. I will try again, in solo mode and in career. And I will tell you if the problem is still present Wink

Edit: I have tried again and there is always the same problem, whereas in career, the season begin in 2008. I have read the readme and done what is written. So, I don't understand Neutral Any solutions ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:47 pm

You start a career (choose the BDB08-Complete_Beta_0.04 als DB, of course Question ), and the starting date 01/01/2008, right?

Then, is it the wrong ages that is your problem?
If you click on a race in the career calendar, you should see the stages in the right order.

Which of these is your problem at the moment?

EDIT: If possible, describe exactly what you do and where the troubles start arising.

Romanovitch
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm

My problem comes from the ages. When I launch a career with the BDB08-Complete_Beta_0.04, the starting date is 01/01/2008. But, in solo mode ages are wrong, and I don't understand why because the date are good in career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm

I see what you mean now. When you start a solo race, the ages are shown wrong, e.g. Contador is 21. As soon as you start the solo game, the age is correct - Contador is now 25, as in real life.

Besides the fact that the age is absolutely irrelevant in solo mode, except for the U25 jersey, this is one of the "weird things" showing up in the first overview and selecting pages of the game. In these overview, Cadel Evans is given as captain of Landbouwkrediet, while the Silence - Lotto captain is Matthew Lloyd. It is not possible for me to change that, as the game somehow uses the original DB for this. The wrong ages, wrong captaincies, wrong country flags (Tour de Pologne has the Swedish flag, for example) and so on are not to be changed (yet?), but they have no, I repeat, absolutely no, influence on the game.

If you're that bothered by it, don't look at the ages in the "Select a team" page...

Romanovitch
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 pm

Ok. So, if I understand, there are many mistakes in solo mode such as ages, stages...But in career, there aren't these problems, and everything is good. That's right ?

Edit: I have launched a career and ages and profils are good. So, the problems are specifically for solo mode.
But thank you for your help and I wish you a happy new year Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Almost.
In solo mode, the overview pages (where you select the race and the team), there are mistakes not to be corrected - wrong ages, wrong order of stages, etc.
Ingame, also solo mode, these mistakes are gone. They only show up in the overview pages (also for careers by the way), but they have no influence ingame.
Neither in solo mode nor in a career, there should be any problems.

So far, so good. There is one problem, though: In solo mode, you cannot play all races - the game refuses to start the stage.
And for the races you can play, you can't select the riders - the game selects them for you, and it normally chooses the riders best suited for the race - more or less. For example, if you play Ronde van Vlaanderen with Quick Step, it will select Boonen, Devolder and almost certainly also Bettini and Steegmans. Whether the weaker cobble riders are chosen is not sure, though. You may have to do with van Impe, Weylandt etc., but instead have mediocre cobblers like ViganÚ, Grabovsky and such.

Romanovitch
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Okay. I have a last question ^^. In solo mode and career, the name's stages of tour de france for example are of 2004. Is it normal or a mistake you can't change ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:35 pm

At first, I was scratching my head, wondering why that would be... scratch

But, then, the only possible solution occured to me: You are not playing the game in German (why should you, you're French).

However, the names for stages, races, countries etc. are only changed to the 2008 names for German (yet). It simply was too much work for me at the moment, because you have to go into the Local.cdb and change everything by hand, save it, start the game, open the Local.cdb once more and change the typos: If the new name has more characters than the old one, it overwrites the next name at first. The game then inserts extra characters for the first name, but you still have to correct the second name.

Example:
The original Local.cdb says: "GP van Vlaanderen|Tour de France".
I change it to: "Ronde van Vlaanderenur de France".
The game resets this to: "Ronde van Vlaanderenur de France|enur de France".
I change it once more, to: "Ronde van Vlaanderen|Tour de France".
Thus, every little change takes reasonable time - time I'd rather invested in other aspects of the game.
Therefore, only some races, stages etc. have the correct names in other languages than German.
The game is fully playable, but I agree that it may be a little confusing if the Tour of Denmark shows up as ENECO Tour, the Tour of California as Tour of Denmark and so on.

Therefore, I'll include a poll in this topic: You can vote for the languages which the BDB08 should be made playable for. Then, if there are enough votes, I will maybe, if I have the time, return to this - quite dull - work.
I think it will only be for the BDB09, though: There's no point in changing race and stage names in January/February 2009, when the new races and stages are already known and I'm working on a BDB09.

Romanovitch
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:29 pm

I see. I think it's to complicte for me ^^. If I can, I will make changes. Otherwise, I will play in German ^^.
Thank you again and I wish you good luck for your 2009 database Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 am

The problem with the wrong race names in other languages than German is solved now - I found a way to edit them fast and easy. So all following versions will be playable in English, FranÁais, Nederlands, Italiano, EspaŮol, Deutsch, Dansk and PortuguÍs.
Also, the races and stages will be imported into the Local.cdb, thus eliminating any problems in solo mode.

Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Dieter wrote:
Fus87 wrote:
I must agree that the DB is pretty good... Smile And it is probably the best ever for CyM4.
The stats arend very good, a lot of topsprinters with low resistance and a lot of "bad" riders with very high resistance and riders with only 59 on their descending-stat.
Fus87 wrote:
First, I didn't go over all the riders' stats yet - but I will do so for the BDB08-Complete - it's only a beta DB by now, so you can't expect it to be perfect. We simply took the values from some PCM08-DB, and with different gameplay etc. the stats may have different effects compared to PCM08.

Also, the resistance is for how long a rider is able to ride an attack, i.e. how long he can perform at maximum heart ratio. Sprinters normally don't even attack, and they can hold their top performance for only some seconds. Also, many good riders can't responds to attacks very well at all, while "weaker" riders may be able to ride an attack over a long period.

And there are (or were) riders who couldn't go downhill for dear life... Federico Bahamontes e.g. went off as soon as the peloton hit a mountain, but on the top he waited for the rest - he was too scared to attempt the downhill on his own. It isn't that bad now, but you get my point. And in-game, the downhill value has very little influence - too little in my opinion.

Anyway, the stats aren't really looked at yet; this will be done - but it isn't done yet, so don't complain about it. After all, it is very much work that I do completely for free (sadly Sad ); so, if you can't do better, please don't complain.

I've found out what caused this case of strange resistance stats. It is most likely because Amnezia, who transferred the riders' stats back then, took not the resistance stat from PCM08 (if such exists), but the fighter stat. Therefore, all the sprinters wound up with low values, as they join a break very rarely, while many riders with low overall stats (that join breaks as those are their only chance of winning) and the notorious breakaway riders (Voigt, Voeckler...) got high resistance stats.
In the proces of updating the riders' stats, I'm correcting this, giving breakaway riders a higher endurance stat ('cause that is what you need to stay away from the peloton) and lowering the resistance, sometimes radically.

Also, there is a feature in the game that may allow for me to assign each rider a specific role, e.g. Tour captain, stage race helper, classics rider, sprinter and so on. I have to test if this feature works correctly ingame, but if it does, this may add another level of reality to the game.

Marcoheijden
New
New

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:45 pm

I like to play the BDB08_complete database very much. It is really great and a lot of fun. I am only struggling with the problem Romanovitch also has. The racenames in the dutch version will not change. Fus87 already explained that this can be solved in the local.cdb. But I do not know witch converter I have to use for that. Can anybody help me??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 pm

If you want to do it yourself, you need the Convertor for STA_localized_string. Export the table from the Local.cdb. Next, delete all the columns that are not race or stage names, then insert the names from the German column into the other languages' columns (it's easiest if you convert the TXT file into an Excel table with the convertor in the Download area).
Then, convert it back to an TXT file and import it into both the Local.cdb and the BDB (whatever version you're using).

If I find the time and motivation, I will do this myself someday. But don't count on it being very soon - I'm busy at the moment.

Marcoheijden
New
New

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Subject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw. Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to do it yourself, you need the Convertor for STA_localized_string. Export the table from the Local.cdb. Next, delete all the columns that are not race or stage names, then insert the names from the German column into the other languages' columns (it's easiest if you convert the TXT file into an Excel table with the convertor in the Download area).
Then, convert it back to an TXT file and import it into both the Local.cdb and the BDB (whatever version you're using).

If I find the time and motivation, I will do this myself someday. But don't count on it being very soon - I'm busy at the moment.
[quote]

I've done what you said and it works. You helped me very much, thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.   

Back to top Go down

BDB08-Complete_Beta - Support, Anregungen, Kritik usw.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2