CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bepper
New
New

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"   Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:22 pm

- This is often my experience of playing the game itself - not only the commentary before the Paris-Roubaix classic!

Do your version of CM4 also crash ever so often?

Eg: First race, the riders have their names over their heads. Allready at second race or stage, their names have dissapeared!? Playing for 2-3 hours in a row almost certainly garanties that the game will freeze when trying to exit to windows.
The above is standard behavior for my CM4 game.

Also now runnning on Windows 7 64-bit, I have to re-install the game from scrath from time to time, because Win7 deciedes that the program have stopped working, leaving no chance to repair or reconfigurate settings.

drunken Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:07 am

Well, first of all, Windows 7 isn't the greatest OS to play CyM4 on (or anything else for that matter, it appears - why the thing even exists is beyond me).
The names disappearing is completely normal, I've had that all the time. You have to press some key (the tabulator I think, but I'm not sure) twice to get them back.
And Cyanide games in general are very crash-prone, as they in some way never delete previously used RAM memory and just pile it on. Because of that, I never play(ed) more than 2-3 stages in a row. Closing and re-starting the game does wonders.

bepper
New
New

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:20 am

Hi Fus,

Thx for sharing experience of playing CM4 Cool

Just out of curiosity - what other game besides Cycling manager would get away with having so many frequent crashes??
It's bizrrare! - but I just love it, and I guess many others do so too Smile

What is the longest run anybody have played in carrier mode towards the future? My longest run is 2004 - 2016 with Phonak - then MEGACrash :-(

Kind regars - Brian (from Denmark by the way - if my english is lacking...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 pm

No idea for the longest career in CyM4.
In other versions, people have reached the 2020s, I think.

Og velkommen til! Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"   

Back to top Go down

CM4 - "in for a day of crashes and clenched teeth"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1