Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
crxfod
Known
Known

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Back from editing - with some good news!

First of all, just to let you know what I did the last days:
  • Added our last 8 teams. Based on suggestions these are Kazahkstan, Russia, Burkina Faso, Cuba, Chile, Argentina, Telenet-Fidea and Seoul Cycling Team.
  • Added just another bunch of races - we've got a total of 584 now in the database. Newly added races include Tour of Cameroun, GP Chantal Biya + national events from Austria, Belgium, Germany, Canada, Columbia and the USA. And..... well, take a look below Smile
  • Updated some of the leader programs already. But that's really hard work as you've got to carfully select races and training ratios.
  • Played a bit around with the leader types and specializations assigned to riders in the database to get rid of that nasty "does-no-races"-bug. Haven't found a real solution yet...

Some screens from what has been done: Some new races in July:

Tour du Cameroun, final GC:

One of our new teams, Burkina Faso:

And just one more new race, some kind of "exotic" one Smile

Last edited by crxfod on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 pm

sisse wrote:
Currently finalizing my check-up of the stats Wink
Cool, really looking forward to it! And as for the suggested talents, I will have a look on it. Indeed there are even much more youngsters worth to be added.

Fus87 wrote:
Two things that came to my mind, crxfod:
1) Does the promotion/relegation system still work, with only 18 PT/WT teams? It probably does, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Yes, it does.

Quote :
2) Have you done the co-sponsors already?
I once updated the co-sponsors and added a bunch of new ones. There are about 650 in the database at the moment. Some are just taken from different versions of the PPDB Giant, some of them I added on my own. Just as with staff, where we got more than 1700 entries atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-08

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 am

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! afro

One "C" missing in Kazachstan though Wink

Btw, you have such screenshots from a South-American race too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 am

sisse wrote:
No c missing here. Did some research before adding the team and found that it's called Қазақстан in Kazakh, that can be transferred to Kazahstan or Qazaqstan. In English it would even be Kazakhstan.

sisse wrote:
Btw, you have such screenshots from a South-American race too?
To be posted tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:04 am

crxfod wrote:
sisse wrote:
No c missing here. Did some research before adding the team and found that it's called Қазақстан in Kazakh, that can be transferred to Kazahstan or Qazaqstan. In English it would even be Kazakhstan.

I see, I just saw that in Russian (like in Dutch) it's Kazachstan, however kind of forget it could be different in their own language Mad Cool btw how you use the real names of the countries as they're called in the home language!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 am

My opinion on the cyrillic transscriptions:
Россия -> Rossiya (only mentioned because you spelled it Rossii in the jersey topic)
Қазақстан -> Qazaqstan (that's the spelling on the official government website: http://qz.government.kz/site/news)

And as long as we're on it, I want to ask crxfod to spell Russian/Kazakh/Ukrainian etc. names like Maxim, Alexej, Alexander etc. as Maksim (or Maksym in Ukrainian), Aleksey, Aleksandr and so on - there's no X in the Cyrillic alphabet. Also, Mikhail, not Michail (stumbled on Ignatiev, who ought to be spelled Ignat'ev by the way; but many won't recognise that name). Right now, you have both spellings for different riders. And I hope Kazakhstan's most famous rider is spelled Vinokurov, not Vinokourov...
Maybe you can give me a Excel list of the Russian - and other Cyrillic-writing nations' - riders, and I'll research the correct spelling and put it in a new column (or however it's most convenient for you).

Side note: If Pliuschin had a Russian or Ukrainian passport, his name would be spelled Plyushkin, by the way. Wink
It's an obsession of mine, to exterminate the outrageous misspellings of his name. I've seen Pluchkin, Pliuschine, Pluschin and many others.

crxfod wrote:
And just one more new race, some kind of "exotic" one Smile

Shocked geek
Unbelievable, a race I've never heard of before. Laughing
But I gladly notice the spelling of Liepinš! Smile Have you done the same with Czech, Slovenian etc. names?

Looking forward to the screenshots from the new Colombian races.

crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Fus87 wrote:
Maybe you can give me a Excel list of the Russian - and other Cyrillic-writing nations' - riders, and I'll research the correct spelling and put it in a new column (or however it's most convenient for you).
Good idea, will put such a file up later this evening.

Fus87 wrote:
Unbelievable, a race I've never heard of before. Laughing
But I gladly notice the spelling of Liepinš! Smile Have you done the same with Czech, Slovenian etc. names?
Some but not all right now. They'll be in the file mentioned above, so if you've got time.... Smile

Fus87 wrote:
Looking forward to the screenshots from the new Colombian races.
And there we go with the Circuito de Combita (NE, COL), final GC:

Btw: Got to do some changes here, as there are too many riders finishing at same time (looks like a false time_gap-parameter). And of course those Brazil guys always win simulated races in Columbia and the other way round Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 am

crxfod wrote:
sisse wrote:
2) Have you done the co-sponsors already?
I once updated the co-sponsors and added a bunch of new ones. There are about 650 in the database at the moment.

Did just a quick update on secondary sponsors to have around 820 sponsors (at least 2-3 from each country a team is based in) in the database now.

@Fus: Here is the file I promised to upload yesterday (so much to do, didn't get it earlier):
Danish + Eastern European names

EDIT: I'll be away for some days now, returning to work and this forum not before Tuesday I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
0bu
New
New

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 pm

crxfod wrote:
sisse wrote:

just a detail, but i think it really should be not with "c", but as you wrote with "k": Kazakhstan (its weird without the "k" as Kazahstan, but the pronounciation is "kazachstan")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:54 pm

0bu wrote:
crxfod wrote:
sisse wrote:

just a detail, but i think it really should be not with "c", but as you wrote with "k": Kazakhstan (its weird without the "k" as Kazahstan, but the pronounciation is "kazachstan")

crxfod choose to use the name of the country as it is used by the people living there, and that's Kazahstan Wink

Mispelled though is the name of Jurgen Van den Broeck, as I just noticed.

Two more interesting young riders not in my db-file yet:
Yoann Paillot (Fra), the new u23 European champion TT. I don't know him, seems like he's nothing more then a TT'er.
Matteo Mammini (Ita), Italian u23 champion TT and 4th at European Ch. TT. And like Paillot, I never heared of him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Spelled "Qazaqstan" now in the database - should avoid any further language transcription discussions. Don't know if there's even a correct answer to the above discussed topic.

Quote :
Yoann Paillot (Fra), the new u23 European champion TT. I don't know him, seems like he's nothing more then a TT'er.
Matteo Mammini (Ita), Italian u23 champion TT and 4th at European Ch. TT. And like Paillot, I never heared of him...
Will put all of these guys in the next few days if I find the time. Still playing around with rider's programmes now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:46 am

crxfod wrote:
Quote :
Will put all of these guys in the next few days if I find the time. Still playing around with rider's programmes now.

Okay!!

Also interesting to add are:

Siarhei Novikau (Blr), silver medal of European champs u23 http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=35318&Itemid=242
Mattia Cattaneo (Ita), final winner "Baby Giro" http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=17375&Itemid=242
Winner Anacona Gomez (Col), second overall and stagewinner "Baby Giro" http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=25671&Itemid=242

Statscorrecting and -updating is still going (str)on(g) Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:43 pm

I think I've got to give it up. Already played around some days with the f**** rider's programs but can't get it to work correctly. Mad Although I edited the tables STA_program_cym6 and STA_program_info_cym6 and put correct races in there, I always get those weird old programmes assigned to riders. Where does PCM take them from if not from those tables???

Starting a new game, DYN_leader_program gets always filled with values no longer present in the program-tables. Wtf? If there are no ideas from any of you we have to live with it as I don't have the will to spend any more time on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Maybe it's indeed a process happening during the initializing of a career. Have you ever tried starting up a career and then afterwards editing the savegame (by importing the changed STA_program_cym6 and STA_program_info_cym6)?

For the PPDB Unlimited, we 'discovered' savegame-editing. Initially meant to erase all teamlimits, we also discovered other cool possibilities like being able to set realistic formlevels in January (with fe Australians, Asians and South-Americans having a higher form level then) and to give teams their reallife staff.

I also think it would be possible to edit the leadersprograms this way. At least it's worth the try, maybe only to be able to understand what's happening with these programs...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:24 pm

sisse wrote:
Maybe it's indeed a process happening during the initializing of a career. Have you ever tried starting up a career and then afterwards editing the savegame (by importing the changed STA_program_cym6 and STA_program_info_cym6)?

For the PPDB Unlimited, we 'discovered' savegame-editing. Initially meant to erase all teamlimits, we also discovered other cool possibilities like being able to set realistic formlevels in January (with fe Australians, Asians and South-Americans having a higher form level then) and to give teams their reallife staff.

I also think it would be possible to edit the leadersprograms this way. At least it's worth the try, maybe only to be able to understand what's happening with these programs...
I already tried and of course this can be done. But the problem is that these programs are initiated with some incorrect values and I don't know where PCM gets them from. As said, I updated the race_programs and still PCM has the old values anywhere and uses them. Maybe I just miss one essential thing but I'm getting a bit tired of it already...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crxfod
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going on holidays the next week, so I won't be online. Hope for some more cool new stuff to see when returning. Keep up the good work so we can complete this pack as soon as possible. Maybe I find the time to add more of the suggested youngsters or do some other database stuff still to be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Have a nice holiday then. Smile
I may send you some mail(s) with finished files, suggestions etc.

sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:30 pm

crxfod wrote:
I just wanted to let you know that I'm going on holidays the next week, so I won't be online. Hope for some more cool new stuff to see when returning. Keep up the good work so we can complete this pack as soon as possible. Maybe I find the time to add more of the suggested youngsters or do some other database stuff still to be done.

We did our best with all the shirts Very Happy As soon as you're home, I'll send the list with statssuggestions...

Another interesting youngster is Kevin De Jonghe, TT'er who also survives coblles and hills, and who just won a national tour in Belgium.
http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=12177&Itemid=242

And his teammate Arthur Vanoverberghe, also should be a decent TT'er and hilly rider, but he isn't having his best year. Neopro with Topsport Vlaanderen next season.
http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=11825&Itemid=242

And Gijs Van Hoecke, allround rider who's also talented on the track. Also a neopro with Topsport Vlaanderen in 2012:
http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=16271&Itemid=242
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 pm

And if you ever find an extra need for adding free young guys, I guess this list below with all trainees for World and ProContinental Teams is extremely interesting. Would be bloody cool if all of these guys are in this or a possible future version as scoutable youngsters and free agents (alltough I guess many are allready in):

WORLDTOUR

AG2R-La Mondiale: Axel Domont (1990), Yannick Martinez (1988), Mathieu Teychenne (1989)

Astana: Dmitriy Gruzdev (1986), Ruslan Tleybaev (1987), Alexandr Shushemoin (1987), Nazar Jumabekov (1987)

Lampre-ISD: Massimo Graziato (1988), Mirko Tedeschi (1987), Thomas Tiozzo (1987)

Leopard-Trek: Rudiger Selig (1989)

Rabobank: Jetse Bol (1989)

RadioShack: George Bennet (1990), Dale Parker (1992), Evgeny Shalunov (1992)

Vacansoleil-DCM: Bertjan Lindeman (1989), Barry Markus (1991)

PRO CONTINENTAL

Acqua&Sapone: Gianmarco Di Francesco (1989), Devid Tintori (1989)

Andalucía-Caja Granada: Javier Chacón (1985), Román Osuna (1989), José Aguilar (1986)

Androni-Giocattoli: Matteo di Serafino (1986), Ramón Domene (1990), Filippo Fortin (1989)

Bretagne-Shuller: Warren Barguil (1991), Florian Mallegol (1990)

Cofidis: Romain Delalot (1991), Antoine Lavieu (1990), Rudy Molard (1989)

Colnago CSF Inox: Enrico Battaglin (1989), Sonny Colbrelli (1990), Christian Delle Stelle (1989)

Europcar: Morgan Lamoisson (1988), Yann Moritz (1988), Bryan Naulleau (1988)

Farnese Vini-Neri Sottoli: Ettore Carlini (1989), Alessandro Mazzi (1987), Mirko Tedeschi (1989)

FDJ: Arnaud Demare (1991), Kenny Elissonde (1991), Fabien Schmidt (1989)

Geox-TMC: Maurizio Gorato (1987), Timo Thömel (1988), Albert Torres (1990)

NetApp: Blaz Jarc (1988), Stefan Schäfer (1986)

Saur-Sojasun: Maxime Daniel (1991), Maxime Renault (1990), Etienne Tortelier (1990)

Skil-Shimano: Tobias Ludvigsson (1991), Sander Oostlander (1984), Philipp Ries (1989)

Team Type 1: Tyler Magner (1991), Joey Rosskopf (1989)

Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator: Arthur Van Overberghe (1990), Zico Waeytens (1991)

Veranda's Willems: Dries Hollanders (1986), Kevin Van den Noortgate (1989)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 pm

sisse wrote:
Astana: Dmitriy Gruzdev (1986), Ruslan Tleybaev (1987), Alexandr Shushemoin (1987), Nazar Jumabekov (1987)
These guys should be in the Kazakh national team. It'll be great to have that team in...

sisse wrote:
Leopard-Trek: Rudiger Selig (1989)
And he's called Rüdiger, of course. Wink

Otherwise, no particular point with this post.

sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Off course the guys allready in with a team in the db (like the Kazaks) should stay there, that's obvious Wink There are also several guys in this list that are allready with a continental team, it goes withoout saying they should stay in their line up. This is just a copy-paste list from the internet, since probably some amount of these talented guys are not yet in the db.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I found a mistake in the calendar: The Danish ITT championships are listed on 29/5. That was the day/weekend of the U23 championships; the elite ITT championships were held the 23/6.

Another rider for the "scoutable youngsters" could be Daniel Patten:
http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=23040&Itemid=242
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=12967
One of the best British amateurs, racing for Asfra in Belgium (so sisse will probably know a lot more about him). No world class material, but reasonably good - we need some youngsters to take over domestique duties in later years as well.

Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Another list of trainees, also including some at Continental teams:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/trainees.asp?year=2011

sisse
Known
Known

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Fus87 wrote:
Another list of trainees, also including some at Continental teams:
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/trainees.asp?year=2011

Strange, I'm 99,99 percent sure I posted this list here allready, seems it just disappeared scratch Anyway, the trainees at the WT and PCT-teams are the most interesting, since continental teams often tend to give trainee contracts to quite worthless youngsters Very Happy

To add to the list of interesting young foreign riders active in Belgium:
Paavo Pajanen, a very allround rider and one of the very best Finnish guys: http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_database&c=r&sc=1&id=32880&Itemid=242

crxFod, are you allready back from hollidays? I'm anxious to see a test/first version of the db Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fus87
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 pm

sisse wrote:
Anyway, the trainees at the WT and PCT-teams are the most interesting, since continental teams often tend to give trainee contracts to quite worthless youngsters Very Happy
True. Although most of these "worthless youngsters" would still rule many Danish amateur races... Wink

That Geox-Fuji Test Team looks really good, with also Lucas Persson, Kalle Sandell, Thomas Vanhaecke and former Masters world champ Tjarco Cuppens. Surprised
Seems like the level in Belgian amateur racing is really several steps higher than here in Denmark.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [fodDB 2011] Discussion   

Back to top Go down

[fodDB 2011] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next